Atlanta has numerous objects that are considered dangerous weapons. From firearms and baseball bats to human hands and feet, many different actions fall under the category of a weapons charge. Committing a crime while in possession of a weapon is only one of the many ways an individuals can be charged for this offense.
Due to the complex nature of this offense, it is imperative that you do not try and handle the legal system alone. We strongly urge you to secure the representation of our Atlanta criminal defense lawyer The Howard Law Group immediately.
Types of Weapons Charges in Atlanta
Federal prosecutors and law enforcement agencies throughout the country will no longer tolerate gun and weapons crimes. If convicted, the penalties will be harsh and the lifelong consequences will be severe. As such it is imperative that you retain the assistance of our legal professionals.
Various weapons charges that you may be facing include, but are not limited to the following:
- Weapons trafficking
- Failure to register a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Carrying a pistol without a license
- Pointing a pistol at another individual
- Discharging a gun on or near a public highway
- Possession or use of a weapon by a convicted felon
- Possession or use of a weapon on federal property
- Carrying or possessing weapons at a public gathering or on school property
- Possession of a firearm or knife while committing or attempting to commit a crime
As a Former Prosecutor we understand both sides of the courtroom. That knowledge, will be advantageous for your case. We can anticipate the prosecution and plan accordingly. You can be confident in our aggressive legal solutions and personalized, supportive assistance.
The Howard Law Group understands the laws concerning your weapons charge crime and will fully educate you about your rights and legal options. We will walk with you through this process and enable you to make informed decisions. Our accomplished lawyers know how to protect your rights, so you can have the peace of mind you need at this troubling time.
Contact us ASAP if you or someone you know has been arrested in Atlanta on a Weapons Charge.